Check-out this section for the most current events & news of Geraldine!
THE MAYOR AND COUNCIL ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THE MOST RECENT NEWSWORTHY EVENTS!
- 2019 - Angelia's Boutique is now open beside Town Hall!
We have a new medical clinic in town!
The Geraldine Clinic, LLC
Michelle Stuart, CRNP
located at 41236 AL Hwy 75, Suite D
(between Changes Hair Salon and Subway)
- 2018 - Congratulations to Heath Albright for being appointed Geraldine's Police Chief!
Congratulations to Jeff Buckles for being named Assistant Police Chief!
Welcome Jamie Brown as our Maintenance Supervisor!
- 2017-Congratulations to Chief Crum for being selected as one of Geraldine's Super Citizens by the Geraldine 2nd & 5th grade classes. The Super Citizen Graduation Celebration is a crucial piece of the Super Citizen experience. The students were recognized for the hard work they did and they are now motivated to continue their important work as the future of America. Liberty Learning Foundation and schools invited press, families and community leaders to join in the celebration. As students honored their heroes on the stage, they were transformed. Their gratitude and big-picture comprehension is palpable. Those are the life lessons that make an indelible impact in the classroom, the community and the country. And they are critical to the success of our Next Great Americans.
- 2017- Congratulations to Geraldine Fire Dept for being chosen as WQSB First Responder of the week! Dec 11, 2017
- 2017-Sewer Construction has began!!!
After several years of diligent work, the sewer system will be started soon! Contact the Town Hall for any questions you may have regarding this project.
- 2017-Congratulations to our Police Chief Sedmon Allen and Officer Heath Albright for being selected to serve on DeKalb County's Special Response Team!
- 2015-New Concession Stand located at Field 3.
- 2015-A recycling bin is located behind Town Hall. You can put the following type items in it: Newspapers, magazines, telephone books, office paper, shredded paper(bagged separately from other paper). All type plastic bottles (please rinse). Heavy hard plastics, aluminum can, metal food cans, plastic bags, styrofoam, cardboard and household cardboard (such as cereal boxes), batteries (including car batteries), glass-clear, green, brown, amber, (please bag), electronics (anything with a power cord except NO TV's).
- 2015-Geraldine has been awarded a $2.5 million sewer grant!
- 2014-Three Youth League football fields have been established behind Town Hall.
- 2013-Storm Shelter completed - located behind Town Hall.